In the future, i would like to work as an ethnologist, for many reasons.
The first one is that
I really like the cultural contact, I mean, learn about a culture directly from
the alive people, for me is the best way to learn about the human behavior.
Also, I like that for that method, you have to go to the culture you want or need to know, not stay waiting for
it, that involve going to interesting places full of different
cultural elements, a change of atmosphere, between the modern world and a more
human world.
There are some important things I must improve
before becoming an ethnologist, or a good one, like my communication skills, in
order to a better understanding of the people which I would have to interview,
and my proactiveness, because I am currently too lazy for doing a good
ethnologist job.
When you do a job, you expect
something in return, in my case, from being an ethnologist; I want the personal
satisfaction of a better understanding of the world, learning, traveling, and
also, I would like to do with my job something good for the society, especially
for the cultures that I would study, like help them to be recognized and to preserve
their culture and history.
For all these things (and more) I would like to be an
ethnologist.
Just amazing. I'm kinda jealous, i'm still looking for my path inside anthropology
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised, I still remember how did you enjoyed to do the ethnographic work in anthropology 1. I also had a really good experience, but after all, I still want to be an archaeologist
ReplyDelete