Welcome, in
this free topic blog, I am going to talk about one of my actual hobbies,
playing volleyball.
I started
playing volley last year, in school, I learned a bit, but not that much. Nowadays,
I am training with the people of the team of the campus Juan Gomez Millas, I can
say that this is now more than a hobby, or that is what I want, I enjoy
improving and I expect being able to play better and with better people.
Well…
Volleyball is a sport in which participates six persons in each team (with its
respective bench). In each side of the court, separated for a net at 2,42meters
(men, 2,24 meters woman), there must be 1 setter, or the one that make the
second touch (out of 3) and gives the pass to the spiker and 5 spikers, 2 of
them attack from the left (Left side hitters), 2 from the middle (Middle
blockers) and 1 from the right (Opposite hitter). Added to this, and this is a
newer kind of player, there could be a libero, a player specialized in defense,
which can entry to the court changing one of the players (usually middle
blocker) whenever the team need it.
This gets a
lot harder when it comes to the strategy and ways to play the game, to keep it
easy, we are going to refer to the kind of players and positions, taking in count
that some players must play in the front (near to the net) while others play at
the back because of the rotation.
The Left
side hitters, in the front must be able to spike and block, while at the back
they must receive the ball correctly and cover the further back.
The setter
must be precise at passing the ball and have a good vision of his own team, is
like a captain, he takes most of the decisions of the game. He is the setter in
the front or in the back, but he must know how to do everything.
The middle
blocker is usually the taller, his main job is to block the enemy team’s attacks,
and hit fast passes, when is in the back is usually changed for the libero.
The
opposite is the right hitter, he usually is the main attacker of the team
because he attacks in the front or in the back
Finally,
the libero is usually a smaller player, that only plays at the back, he has the
better skills to receive the ball and is like a second setter when the setter can’t
reach the ball.
There is a
lot more to tell about this game, but not all the people know the fact that
there exist positions in volley haha. Well I am currently playing like an
outside hitter, mostly left side hitter, but I have a small time playing so, I can
eventually change position.
That is all
for this blog, there is a lot more about this, and it is harder to learn that
what people think, this sport is usually seen like a simple one, “just pass the
ball over the net”, but you need to put in practice a lot of information.
Comments
Post a Comment